Collins brings the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie, to English language learners.
Agatha Christie is the most widely published author of all time and in any language. Now Collins has adapted her famous detective novels for English language learners. These readers have been carefully adapted using the Collins COBUILD grading scheme to ensure that the language is at the correct level for an intermediate learner. This book is Level 5 in the Collins ELT Readers series. Level 5 is equivalent to CEF level B2+ with a word count of 22,000 – 30,000 words.
Each book includes:
- Full reading of the adapted version available for free online
- Helpful notes on characters
- Cultural and historical notes relevant to the plot
- A glossary of the more difficult words
- Free online resources for students and teachers at
When Colonel Protheroe is found murdered in the vicar’s study, it seems that almost everyone in the village of St Mary Mead had a motive to kill him.
This is the first case for Agatha Christie’s legendary female detective, Miss Marple. She needs to use all her powers of observation and deduction to solve the mystery.