An introduction to the complexities of law, with clarity
Elliott & Quinn's English Legal System by Allbon and Kaur Dua has been relied upon by generations of students as an explanation of the English legal system and how it works in practice, being renowned for its wide-ranging coverage and signature writing style.
This text includes a variety of features to support your study, for example:
- topical debates to engage you in the discussion points and reforms of today
- relating the law, processes and procedure to our everyday lives
- a clear structure designed to aid systematic understanding of broad topics
- putting the law in context through the Bigger Picture
- key cases described and analysed in depth within a text box
- a glossary to explain complex concepts
Updated annually with all major case law and legislative developments, this 21st Edition includes coverage of:
● Debate of recent cases such as Miller in relation to constitutional law and Brexit
● Uber and Deliveroo ‘gig’ economy cases on employee status
● Modernisation of the administration of civil justice system
● Owens v Owens divorce case and resulting Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Bill enabling no-fault divorce
● Review of LASPO by MOJ and implications for criminal justice
English Legal System is the ideal companion for anyone studying law at university. An enhanced ebook of this title is available with multiple choice questions, apply the law and .
Emily Allbon is a Senior Lecturer and the Director of Mooting at City, University of London.
Sanmeet Kaur Dua is a Senior Lecturer in Law and the Deputy Director for TEF at Queen Mary University of London.
Pearson, the world’s learning company.
|Autor||Emily Allbon, Dua KaurSanmeet|