2018 International Book Awards Finalist in 'Business and Management' Category
We shop for everything else online…why not benefits?
Using private benefit exchanges (a.k.a. “online benefits marketplaces”), employers can bring a consumer-centric online shopping experience to benefits. Alan Cohen, a benefits technology pioneer, details how these platforms can offer unprecedented flexibility and choice to employees, revolutionize the way employers attract and retain talent, strengthen cost control in an era of skyrocketing premiums, and promote much-needed innovation in the U.S. health care system.
Discover How To
- Make sense of today’s challenging benefits landscape and plan breakthrough changes that have succeeded for thousands of employers of all sizes
- Leverage the lessons of the online shopping revolution to drive radical innovation
- Incorporate the 7 key pillars of a true private benefits exchange into your benefits mindset
- Gain indispensable practical insights from early adopters’ experiences
- Clarify the new roles of employers, HR, insurers, brokers, employees, and other stakeholders
- Accelerate your transition away from inefficient employer-managed plans
- Assess the ongoing impact of health care reform, public exchanges, health care consumerism, and other trends
Alan Cohen created one of the first private exchange platforms and has pioneered this approach for more than a decade. Now, in a candid discussion of how the economic principles of choice, consumerism, and defined contribution are at work in an exchange environment, he breaks down the concept for HR professionals, entrepreneurs, brokers, insurers, health care reformers, policy makers, and employees. Cohen looks to social and economic implications to forge a future in which all eyes are on a new model of the consumer for the benefits age.
With insights from industry veterans, Employee Benefits and the New Health Care Landscape
brings a fresh perspective to the debate on health care and health insurance in America.